There Will Be Sports is hosting a mock draft today (kind of right now) and then we will ask each participant a couple of draft related questions to get people's opinions on how it went.
Writer's Convention is the league name. Here are the members in draft order:
1. Team Judy - No this isn't a girl. Team Judy is actually Peter, a writer for this very blog! I don't really need to go into detail here b/c if you've ready any of Peter's posts then you know that he is eager for the football season to begin and all he thinks about is the Dallas Cowboys.
2. Gir - Gir (Josh) is the only TWBS writer that I have never met in person however through stories and brief phone conversations (eoh) I feel like I've known him for years. How gay does that sound? Word. Gir is good.
3. OsiJewmenTorah - Meet Sam Morril! Future successful comedian. Huge Giants, Yankees and Knicks fan. Extremely biased and extremely funny.
4. Sacajawea Dollars - Chase is also a writer for the blog. He sometimes goes by Herman or Charles. He can frequently be seen laughing hysterically about anything with "OsiJewmenTorah" in NYC. Former sports gambling guru.
5. There Will Be Weesh - This is Oren, one my older brothers. He's a large part of the reason I got into sports at all. He's funny and has been doing fantasy since I was prepubescent.
6. Doug's Team - Doug's team name in every fantasy league ever has been Doug's Team. One of his nicknames is the silent killer and he is a genius.
7. Karthik - Clever team name for a guy named Karthik. He's a big-time Jets, Mets and Knicks fan and also a regular fantasy player. Sleeper candidate for a really good draft right hurr.
8. Bastard In A Basket - More There Will Be Blood references!?!? Yes, this is Walsh, a.k.a. boss. Far and away the leading "poster" on the blog. TWBB is his favorite movie and he will attempt to drink from every body's milkshake in this draft.
9. Neon Leon - This is me. I'm usually among the leaders in fantasy regular seasons and often times choke in the playoffs. Damnit. Let's go Jets...
10.The Practice Sunnys - This is my other brother, the oldest of the trio. He is obsessed with football and has already shown signs of struggling to differentiate facing off week to week in fantasy versus tackling people in real life. His football name is Night Train.
11.Team Win - Frankie Francisco Hermosilla. What a legend. Houston Native Frankie is undoubtedly nervous about this mock draft which only means one thing... he might just be the most prepared drafter of all of us. Look out for this sneaky Guatemalan.
12.Broadway Josh - Well the name is a dead giveaway of the team of choice. This is Josh who is more commonly known as Schlong. He sweats more than anyone on the planet and has been Oren's best friend for at least 15 years.
Draft post and answers to questions will be up shortly!!